Friday 29 March 2013

Dina Wakley Art Journal classes - Boy did I have fun!

I took some Dina Wakley classes a couple of weeks ago at Art From The Heart and boy did I have fun. This was the Art Journal class called "Lots of Layers". It was fast paced and full on, I've never worked so quickly in my journal before. I usually think too much about what to do next, but had no time to do that here, we went with the materials and what you were feeling right then and moved on to another page quickly.
You really feel like you've flexed your arty muscles when you've finished, and it's virtually impossible to get all the paint, gel medium and ink off your hands! But's its well worth it when you look back at what you did.

This blog post is quite photo heavy so grab a cuppa and a biccy and take 5 perhaps. I'll try not to waffle though.

What is close to my heart?
Lots of texture on this one. We covered the page in moulding paste and painted over the top.


We had a sheet of paper that we added lots of Dylusions inks to with stencils, then cut out hearts or any shape.  My family is close to my heart.



River of music
We made a river of torn up music sheets across the page. Love those pink circles.


Music is a huge part of my life, it's just as important as playing with ink and paint.




Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!
 Playing with paint, moulding paste and oil pastels.




Do I believe in me?
Ephemera everywhere, stuck down with gel medium, texture is my favourite thing in the world. I love having texture in art work, it gives it another dimension that makes you want to reach out and feel it too.





Can I draw faces?
Love the colour on this, blue, teal and purple are my favourite combination. Love that shot of orange too.



Love those stencils, even if they are caked in paint Dina!


Oh Betty!
We used the left over cut out of Betty (the Silhouette) and sprayed ink though a stencil inside her body. I love that shocking shot of pink!




If you could do it all again, would you?
I love this idea of writing on the page, using paint and stencils, and then covering 80% of it with a dark paint and only leaving circles. I like the idea of writing something down, getting it off your chest, then painting over it. Art can be so therapeutic!




Our instructed page.
We were working blind on this one, we were all told to do something, one instruction after the other.We all interpreted the instructions in so many different ways. It was a brilliant exercise.  We all did so many different pages, it was wonderful.






We bound all the pages into a book, I'll cherish it forever, I love it so much.  I had such a great time. I can't wait to put into practice all that I've learned.  Thank you Dina.

Here's a pic of Dina and Ali (Ali will kill me for putting this picture up), but I love it, it sums them both up.
The cheeky twosome!


 Well if you've made it to the bottom of this post congratulations, I bet you've got no more tea left!
You deserve another biscuit for getting this far.
Thank you for popping by.
I'm off to get more paint under my fingernails!

Tara Michelle xx

19 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Michelle, fabu,ous journal pages, love the freedom of them all and the use of colour and texture. Like you I love texture in my artwork. Artwork should always be tactile, adds another interest to your art. Love the hears you used too. Did you use your journal that your purchased a while back . Tracy x

Helen said...

I love them all - you obviously had a fantastic time! The instructed page sounds good - I love that idea!!

Amanda said...

Fab pages, sounds like you had a fab time I'm very jealous
Love
Amanda x

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow! It all looks fab. Didn't we all have a lovely time?! :-)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow it sure looks like you had fun, awesome AJ pages and what a wonderful opportunity you had! Happy Easter Weekend.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous pages Michelle, love all the colours and the different techniques. Sounds like a fab class ! Sue C x

sandy's crafty bits said...

oh my goodness michelle looks like you had a super time ... love your colours and your projects are great ... well done ... hope you have a super easter weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Gillian .... said...

Stunningly jaw dropping pics .... FAB projects Michelle. Have a lovely weekend. xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Yours are the sort of pages that are just so inspiring, that I now want to go and sort out all my paints and inks and play.. But no dylusion inks :( I must be the only one on the planet who hasn't got these yet - must get some now!
Absolutely love your artwork - great photos and details. Looked a fab day. Have a lovely weekend.. Gill x

Kaz Hall said...

Ooooo lovely gorgeous pages, just gorgeous xxx
Kazx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww, was für fantastische Werke...einfach super!

LG Carola

alih said...

Aaaah! You put up that terrible maniac photo! You wretch! Nice artwork though! ;)) x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Dina is just amazing! I love her!! Your projects from her class turned out GORGEOUS!! WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Sandra Hall said...

A lovely read with some fabby visual goodness to please the eye! Great art exercises - shall you post the book you made? I'd love to see the finished article x x x

Unknown said...

Fabolous post Michelle,so much to look at ,love the approach to this,wonderful colours and detailing,you must have felt like you where in crafting heaven,really enjoyed reading this post.Have a happy weekend.Jacqueline.S

Sandra Botham said...

Oh wow, these are awesome. Knew you had a great time but to create such fabby pages too. Love love the dark blue one with the random circles in.
Brilliant.
Sand. xxx

catherine said...

You certainly looked to have had such a fantastic time Michelle at the workshop. Stunning work you have done and great photos
x catherine

Helen said...

Looks like you had LOTS of fun getting messy with inks and paints and such!

Lin said...

Love all your pages Michelle but especially the 'Do I Believe in me'..brilliant!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...