Friday 22 March 2013

Weeds can be loved for Creative Expressions

I've been a poorly blogger hence the missing posts for a couple of weeks. But the good news is I think I'm back on the road to recovery, and therefore back on the blog!  I have lots of crafty things to post. So watch this space!

We've been given a bumper package of goodies from Creative Expressions this month and I have a head full of ideas to make with them. Here is my first using the wonderful new stencil from That Special Touch - Daisy Silhouette. I've used Dylusions Inks through the Daisy stencil on a book page, I love that grungy speckled look. I edged the page with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then got the sewing machine out and ran a straight stitch around the edge twice.


I backed the book page with black card and stamped out a sentiment onto white card and cut it out. I then edged the words with Vintage Photo DI, and then edged it again with a black Adirondack Dabber.


I wrapped the bottom of the book page in string and attached a small garden trowel charm.  


 Keep your eyes peeled for some exciting news going up on the Creative Expressions blog and Facebook page next week, it involves blog hops and lots of prizes!

Have a fantastic weekend, mine is going to be very exciting, but I'll tell you more about that next week!
Ta ta
Michelle

16 comments:

Helen said...

That is gorgeous, Michelle! Glad you're better and back blogging, I have missed your style!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Michelle, great to see you back and to hear you are on the road to recovery. Fabulous piece with the new stencil, love that you added to text pages and I love your added sentiment/text too. Lovely piece . Tracy x x

Anonymous said...

Fab card Michelle ! Glad to hear you're feeling better, I'm sure the bumper goodie parcel will have helped :-) Sue C x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card, love the sewing.

catherine said...

This looks fantastic Michelle and love the spraying through the mask technique. great colours. hope you have a fantastic weekend
x catherine

Words and Pictures said...

Poor you... sorry to hear you've been so unwell. It's a lovely comeback card though... fabulous book text background, and the blended colours through the stencil are delicious! Take care of yourself...
Alison x

Sandy said...

Michelle your page is gorgeous - love those colors and I like being able to see most of the page. Cute charm - what a clever idea. Some weeds are really beautiful!
Sandy

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, love your wonderful card, great stitching too. Sorry that you have been so poorly but good to hear that you are on the mend. Take care! Hugs, Anne x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing!! I loveeeeeeeee the book paper and the quote!!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great make, lve the book pages! Trace x

Deborah said...

Hope you are feeling much better now. A gorgeous card - and I love the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,sorry to hear you haven't been well but pleased to hear you are feeling better.What a great design love the background to this,great sentiment and that trowel charm is a perfect finishing touch.Jacqueline.S

Helen said...

Love this card with its lovely bright colours and extra detail of string and trowel charm. Hope you're keeping warm on your side of the world, pity we can't exchange some of your cold for our heat!

Jane Wetzel said...

just perfect and the charm sets it off..love :)

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowwww, das sieht klasse aus. Ganz toll!

LG Carola

Sandra said...

Love this bookpaper card! Really pretty! Hugs, Sandra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...