Tuesday 5 March 2013

March #2 Art Journal fun with PaperArtsy - Old Doors


One of my favourite subjects is history, and I have a thing about big old Medieval doors, they have to have big thick chunks of gnarly old wood and massive square headed nails! I feel like I just want to touch them.  I want to put my hand on the door to open it in the very same place someone else would've done 600 years ago.

So when I saw this big old door stamp from PaperArtsy I just had to get a journal page done of my obsession. I surely can't be the only one who likes this?....however, I've never come across anyone else who likes big old doors too! 

Here's a sneaky peek at the 2nd art journal page I've done for PaperArtsy this week, my big old door!
If you'd like to see more, then please pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see my step by step and  the finished page in full.


I'm so excited to show you my next project tomorrow.
One of my favourites!
Have a good evening and whip out those journals and get messy, I will be.
Michelle x

11 comments:

Sarah said...

you are definitely not alone .... my other half gets fed up of me and my doors and arches :) lovely page

pearshapedcrafting said...

Old doors, yummy old paper(I'm jealous!) so with you on both counts! Your Journal page yesterday was fantastic as is today's! This stamp looks quite big- will have to investigate. Chrisx

505whimsygirl said...

I have a thing for old houses in general. With all their old charm and character.

Have fun with the new stamp!

Peace,
Kay

Evil Edna said...

stunning, I do like a good door but I like the weenie ones that some village churches have to let the devil out... alright as anotherexit for the priest, but I was tild they were to let the devil out when I was a child and this is more interesting.EE

Gillian .... said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this is my fav:) xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!! GORGEOUS!!

Helen said...

Love what you are creating in your new 'old' journal! Look forward to seeing tomorrows project!

Alison said...

I love your arty page Michelle, & that door reminds me of doors I saw & photographed, when I was in Florence!
Alison x

Suzy said...

What a great stamp and I just love your page.

Old doors and archs - I love them, and chunky doors just beg to be touched

Redanne said...

You are definitely not on your own Michelle, I love them too, the older the better! Love your journal page and that wonderful stamp. Hugs, Anne x

Sandy said...

Wonderful!! I have a thing about old houses that of course have old doors. It is always a little scary to go through a very old door!
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...