Wednesday 18 July 2012

Let sleeping kittens lie

This is a journal page of my cat Holly taken when she was only 12 weeks old. She's nearly 2 now, but still a very small cat, she's my perpetual kitten. She is often found in my craft room pulling out bits of ribbon and chewing on my paint brushes. She has a thing for sequin waste and when she gets a hold of it she has to tear it to shreds! It's under lock and key now.

I'm using my favourite product at the minute here, its the Stampendous aged silver embossing enamel with some mica flakes dropped into the melted powder. 


I used strips of ribbon, tissue tape, a cut up adage ticket and some fabric, stuck them down with matt medium and gesso'ed over the top. I also used my favourite Crafters Workshop stencil and pushed some gesso through this too. I stuck down my circular paper clips with some perfect pearls and sprinkled some mica flakes on this too.


She's still this cute, awee. 
xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, she looks adorable. Gorgeous page.

Evil Edna said...

awe she is lovley and what a splendid frame to show off her beauty.EE

Inkypinkycraft said...

A fab page, super cute cat..lovethe co,ours and all the textures going on..not tried those embossing powders and flakes..must try! Trace x.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fab layout, MIchelle... you drew me right in!

Karin said...

ahh she is cute! The page is gorgeous!

Wendy Fraser said...

Aww, what a cutie! Stunning artwork too. xx

May said...

Micheele I love it!!! the colours & textures... fabulous work.. whoop, whoop, Working in the same team at crafting time... how Brillant.. Big Hugs May x x x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Lovely kitty - your background looks fabulous, great texture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...