Friday 13 July 2012

Calendar Journal - July

I've made a start on my calendar journal. If you haven't seen this before then please check Kate Crane's Art Calendar on her blog or the Art Calendar challege on Flikr  for more information and brilliant pictures.

I've been thinking that I wanted to give one of the months a science theme, with a periodic table for the squares. I couldn't wait to get started. The Dylusions inks give you the perfect colour for solutions in the lab bottles, bright and yummy. I looked around for some science stamps but couldn't find any so I thought, well I'll just draw something then, so I drew the lab bottles and the geeky lab tech girl.  I forgot to put the days of the week on before I took the picture,  but they're on there now. I know the Helium is in the wrong place, but it's ART! lol


I love the way the bubbles go across the page.


I used to look like this when I was a geochemist! lol


*******************

I also did a June page but I didn't take a picture of it before I wrote it out, so here it is below. It's a dragonfly insect life kind of theme. I remember in the summer holidays when I was a kid, disappearing off for the whole day with just some jam sandwiches in my pocket and a little net on a stick. I'd be facinated in lady birds on nettles and dragonflies. So I put little lady birds climbing up the jar shaped days. For the jars I made silver screw top lids from Ranger's silver Memory Foil. 



I really love the idea of the Art Calendar I've always wanted to keep a diary and I've never really kept up with them, but this is different, this is creative. That makes all the difference. 

10 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE your periodic table - a great bit of lateral thinking :)- and the lil geeky girl, she reminds me - in spirit at least - of Felicia Day.

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, super pages, love them both!

borgqueen said...

love both of these pages michelle - thanks for sharing ;o)

Unknown said...

Love your science theme - great colours both months.

Jan said...

Love your Calendar pages.... regret never having got round to starting mine... next year perhaps!

Marjie Kemper said...

These are so cool, Michelle! Love the jar dates for June and the awesome self portrait for July (not to mention the whole funky theme there!)

Merry said...

Love your themes and your artwork....July has such wonderful bright colours.

krisandkreate said...

Whooooh - I like how you've made it to look like a periodic table. Fab bright colours and lovely art work :)

Liz (Chubby Frog) said...

Just love the original ideas and colours that you've used in your pages - they both look brilliant.

thekathrynwheel said...

Oops! Here I am sneaking in at last minute! Well, it’s still July isn’t it?! Wow, your pages are awesome! I love the way you just draw something if you can't find a stamp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...