Monday 2 July 2012

What's your poison?

Shame there's not a bottle of Bombay Sapphire on here, because that would be my poison of choice for sure! Only another 4 weeks to go before I'm off work for 2 whole weeks! Sheer crafting bliss if you ask me. I'm gonna be a crafting hermit and only surface for food. Oh and one day of pampering at Seaham Hall health spa with my best mate. I can't pass that one by. I'll only be dreaming of creating something anyway, so technically I'll still be crafting in my mind.

What's your poison? 
mini canvas


The canvas above started life with 2 Dylusions inks Vibrant Turquoise and Crushed Grape. What a wondrous combination, I can't help but keep looking at how gorgeous they look together. I also used Dylusions Alphabet Jumble stencil and the Inkylicious Latin Script stamp.


I couldn't resist using some bubble wrap too for some darker dots. This is a great cheap way of creating more layers. I used Dylusions dotty stencil and a baby wipe to dab off some of the colour in the top right hand corner.


I used an Indigo Blu crackle stamp for more interest


I wanted some texture on there so I used some modelling paste mixed with purple metallic acrylic paint and turquoise mica powders. I used a spatula to spread the modelling paste through a key stencil from 'That Special Touch', and some small sequin waste, the effect looked great especially with the mica powder in it.
I did a mop up tag from my excess Dylusion inks on the craft mat and decided to use up the rest of my modelling paste as well on the same tag using the flower stencil from Crafter's Workshop. This will pop up on the blog later probably.


Once the modelling paste was dry I painted the keys with some black paint and rubbed some purple metallic paint on here and there. I stamped some Old Curiosity Shoppe set 3, Bottles onto white card and used water colours to give them a bit of colour, cut them out and stuck them on the canvas. I finished off the painting with some black and metallic blue streaks, some yellow circles, a Tim Holtz bird stamp and the caption What's your Poison?


Think I'll go finish off that tag, bye for now xx

10 comments:

patcrafts said...

Awesome canvas Michelle and absolutely stunning colours, thanks for sharing

Evil Edna said...

that is so good, ooooH!how about hanging it above a dinner table when the mil is visiting, ok that is maybe just me. Love the contrasts and the depth of texture and colour. can not wait to see what you produce in your time off.EE

Sandra Botham said...

Oh my word this is fabulous, the colours are terrific together, def be trying that combination. Can never get enough of dylusions.
I adore the poison bottles, perhaps thats just the criminologist in me, love a good Victorian arsenic poisoning ;-)
Xxxx

Heike said...

What a fantastic project! So effective and eye-catching.
Heike xx

Sarah said...

Fabulous project Michelle! Thanks for the tutorial. I love the colours and techniques you've used on this canvas. Enjoy your time off work!

Sarah x

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great canvas,the colours are fantastic!! Trace. X

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this, off to try the mix of texture paste and metallic paint! xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous canvas, I love all the layers

Ruth said...

This is fabulous Michelle! - love everything, the colours and images!

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, this brings new meaning to the word 'rich' - what a stunning canvas! (I love that "you might also like...": link feature... I had missed this one over the summer!) Off to pin it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...