Sunday 8 July 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge Out of the box SDC57

For the Stampotique designer's challenge 'Outside of the box' I thought about using a product I had in my stash I hadn't used before, the Memory Glass came to mind, and I thought 'what could I make that was outside the box for me?'. Well making anything with the memory glass would be thinking outside the box for me. Then I thought 'what about inside the box', put Stampotique  stamps inside my 'outside the box' box! ... Are you still with me?.......Well here is a box I have never made before, using a product I've never used before and with new stamps too. I think that might constitute an outside the box project, well at least I hope so.




I started off with my Ranger Memory glass 2"x2".


Edged 6 little panes with Ranger copper memory foil.


Held the sides together with Blue tack while I taped over them with more Memory Foil.


I stamped on the outside of the box with a texture stamp.


I stuck a jump ring to the lid of the box and attached it to my two Stampotique stamped images, Devil-ish and Framed, which I had coloured with TH distress inks and Promarkers.


I fixed the lid onto the box with more Memory Foil and now I had my double sided Stampotique dangly hanging in my little glass box. I found an old purple perfume bottle lid, drilled a hole in it, put a head pin though to make a loop in the top and attached a long chain. I stuck the lid onto the top of the box and now I had my very own swinging Stampotique dangly in my gorgeous glass box. It looks awesome up at my craft room window. 


 Here it is hanging in my cherry tree. 


I love it!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's wonderful!!!!

Rebecca said...

O yes very clever idea
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Basement Stamper said...

Love what you did with this, love how you can see through it all. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Marijke said...

what a great idea to use the memory glass for making a box. Love your creation

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, this is absolutely gorgeous, I really love how you put the whole piece together, right down to the drilling, pinning etc, how clever are you? This is a mini masterpiece and I love your previous post too, so cute with that sign! Keep up with the thinking outside the box! A x

Sandra Botham said...

This is awwsome hun. He is soooo cute sat in his little glass box. Fab idea, def outside inside box. X

Renee said...

I love your project. It's a wonderful thing to use up what you have on hand. That Cherry tree is absolutely gorgeous too! It deserves the "tree jewelry".

xxx Myra xxx said...

wow!!!

Kaz said...

This is fabulous and I love the step by step pictures. Thanks for joining us again at stampotique.

donnalouiserodgers said...

love your bollocks ( previous post) - so to speak - ha ha ha,

nice to see you on collaborart,
dx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous! What a very clever idea. Enjoy!
Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Karin said...

gorgeous project, i love it!

Minxy said...

Fun and original, love it

Valerie H. Marshall said...

LOL! I love that you created a boy-in-the-box to get 'outta the box'! It's fantastic! Thank you for sharing it with us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
Val :)

May said...

Fantastic creation Michelle as always.. as the post before just Brillant work...Hugs May x x x x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, that's a fantastic idea, great piece of art.

Jan said...

Great idea and great result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...