Friday 8 March 2013

Hanging Art House for Creative Expressions

I really fancied making something that I could hang up using my Art House stamps this week from Creative Expressions. Here's my little Art House hanging, with its ultra thick embossing powder finish.


I started off colouring my house with TH Distress Markers


I stuck the house onto chipboard then cut it out. Then double embossed with ultra thick embossing powder, for a nice glossy finish. I punched some holes in the house on the top and the bottom using my Crop-A-Dile and fed some ball chain in the bottom and a key chain on the top. 


I used the TH Distress Markers to ink up my compass stamp, then spritzed it with water and stamped it onto my card, (love the grungy compass), then stamped the sentiment with black Archival. I stuck this to some chipboard and cut out the sentiment. I also double heat embossed clear ultra thick embossing powder on the front and waited for it to cool before making my holes to attach it to the house.

I also attached a TH metal key hole embellishment with wire to finish off the hanging base.


I don't use my Distress Markers nearly enough, I love this effect!
Mental note....I must use them more......
I'll be making a canvas this weekend, what will you be getting up to?
Michelle xx

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,loving your recent posts,enjoyed looking at them all and reading about your techniques used.I have to agree with you about all the arty blogs that are out there to inspire,I've found myself wanting to do altered art,mixed media etc and have been building up mediums to do so. I have so much stuff ,not enough time and so many lots of ideas I am on a mission to start putting this ideas into practice.Have a great weekend Jacqueline S

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow love that little project michelle ... well done ... I have been meaning to invest in some ultra thick embossing powder ... must add it to the shopping list ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Netty said...

wow am so loving your gorgeous hanging Michelle.
Hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and that heart!!!

Redanne said...

Another great make from you Michelle, love this and especially the little keyhole corner. Have fun creating your canvas this weekend, I may just do the same. Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

So cool... love the metal keyhole as a corner embellishment, and it all looks fabulously glossy with the UTEE - brilliant project again, Michelle... Have fun with your canvas - looking forward to that!
Alison x

Sandra said...

Wow!! Stunning xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is amazing, michelle, right up my street! Hadn't realized you are from Stockton, same as my hubby (Hartburn). We are coming up soon,

Lucy x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Another great make , these are dab stamps aren't they ! Hugs trace x
Hope you had fun with your canvas x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project Michelle ! Love the colours and the corner keyhole embellishment looks great ! Sue C x

catherine said...

This looks fantastic Michelle and such a creativity and talent you have
x ctaherine

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous Michelle, love the compass in the background and the added metal piece. The UTEE is a lovely finish for the house and sentiment. Lovely. Tracy x

Sandy said...

I don't guess you know how much I like this - have looked at it several times!!
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...