Wednesday 6 March 2013

March #3 Art Journal fun with PaperArtsy - Dina-esque

A while ago I was blissfully going through life making cute cards and playing with glitter and gem embellishments, until I stumbled upon Dina Wakley's blog. Oh what a wondrous sight! A colour party for the eyes! I kept going back and further back through her blog posts and I had a eureka moment. What in the name of Van Gough was I doing?!!! I had been to art college when I was 17, I loved acrylic paint. 

This was a massive wake up call. Dina awoke my sleeping artist. But not only that, Dina had lots of links to other blogs I had no idea existed. It wasn't long before I replaced my jars of flower embellishments with pots of paint. 

Below is a sneaky peek of my Dina-esque inspired journal page using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish chalk acrylic paints, Crafter's Workshop stencils and the new PaperArtsy EclecTica3 stamps.

Please pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see my step by step and my finished page in full.

This is my page after I used the stencils. I love all that colour.


Here's the sneak of the finished page.


Next month is my last month on the PaperArtsy Guest Designer team, so I'll have to make it a special one.
I hope you've had the chance to get out your paints this week and have a dabble with an art journal.
Once I caught the bug that was it!

Have a great week.
Michelle x


15 comments:

Helen said...

Think this is my favourite from this week, which is saying something as the previous two were amazing. I love Dina too, her style, her stamps, that drippage!! Can't wait for my copy of her book to arrive (it's been despatched today!!) You have some wonderful stencils.

gayle said...

Great page, really seeing Dina's style there! :)

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, your finished page is stunning, love all the colour, the stencilling and your white journalling - very Dina-esque indeed. Hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

What a stunning page Michelle ! I need to find a Posca pen, all of my white pens have dried up ! Sue C x

Helen said...

Great page. I love how the white journaling around the hearts softens the blue. Such lovely combined colours!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Dina is amazing, isn't she?!?!? I just love that girl!! Your page is BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors!!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

lol..felt like I was reading my story! I LOVE your creations here and I too had a look around blog land and asked myself the same question. Not that I dont enjoy simple cards but I was thrilled to finally be fufilled in my heart :)
best wishes..your blog is fab

GrĂ¡inne said...

This is a color party for the eyes, too, Michelle! What a wake-up call on a grey morning ;o) Thank you so much for that one. Great 'stencil work', too. Love it!
Suzanne

Inkypinkycraft said...

this is fab love it!! have stencil envy! trace x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful page, love the colours and layering of stencils. Have a great day, Shirleyx

Gillian .... said...

Oh how I adore this Dina-esque page, looks like an awesome book. xx

Sandra said...

Wow this is one beautiful page. Can't wait to see the whole thing! Hugs, Sandra

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous! Love the bright vivid colors and your fab stenciling.

Sarah said...

love your story. you could ink up your flowers!

Sandy said...

Okay - now I have to pop over to see how you did this!!
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...