Monday 4 March 2013

March #1 Art Journal fun with PaperArtsy - Friends

I've bought an tiny little old ledger from ebay. It's the most perfect size 8" x 5", I love it. I have lots of different sized journals which I dip into now and again to do a page. But this little journal is the only old one I have and the paper quality is so nice and smooth. When the page is painted and dries its lovely to touch, its kinda cold and smooth....does that sound mad?? :)  


I've had a very exciting time playing with the new EclecTica3 PaperArtsy stamps designed by Sara Naumann, they have a distinct art journalling theme to them. I had made 4 journal page samples for the PaperArtsy stand at the Birmingham Stitches show. So this set me off playing in my journal again. PaperArtsy stamps are so great for art journalling anyway, and I was not stuck for any ideas.


I love this sentiment I knew I was going to use it at some point.
Here's a sneaky peak of my first project for this week. Hop along to the PaperArtsy blog to see the journal page in full.


one more



I hope you'll join me for the rest of the week for more inky painty shenanigans
If you'd like to leave me a comment that would be very lovely :)
Thank you
Michelle xx

15 comments:

Helen said...

oh, Michelle, this is just fantastic! Love the colours, they really zing. I am going to have to start looking on ebay, I really want some old ledger journals!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Looks fab! Trace. X hugs x

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally gorgeous, Michelle! Love those layers of paint and stamping... yum!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Michelle,

You scored on that old ledger journal! I know what you mean about the feel of paper. Sometimes I get so excited I get goosebumps!!! tee hee

Your sneak peak of the journal page is very enticing....

Kay

Words and Pictures said...

Looking gorgeous... and no, the paper thing isn't at all mad - the feel of an old book, or of handmade paper, or of a particular texture of paper can all give me goosebumps! Your ledger is beautiful...
Alison x

Helen said...

I love how you incorporated the tag into the page. Your journal page is so colourful!

Evil Edna said...

awesome! desert sun meets Victorian butterfly woman!EE

catherine said...

This looks fantastic Michelle and my favourite colours.
x catherine

Barb King said...

Loving the colors and all the layers you made!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeee the colors!!!

Sue Lelli said...

That journal is so FAB and I just LOVE those stamps! GREAT pages! Now I want to get inky!!!

Juls said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I have only been journaling for a year and I don't do it that often as I just love so many types of craft .... However I do have 10 journals!!!! Your ledger looks fab, gorgeous find, & fully understand what your saying about the paper!!! Love the page all inked up too bright and fabulous!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Hugs Juls

Suzy said...

The ledger is gorgeous - I just love the feel of paper like that

Your entry in it is just stunning too

505whimsygirl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes, there is a good sushi place here! You had me falling out of my chair with that comment - hoping you were nearby. But alas, that's not the case....

Kay

Gillian .... said...

Gorgeous work my lovely. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...