Friday 26 April 2013

Wisteria Framed Door for Creative Expressions


Every now and again I like to get back to basics and get my colouring pencils out. I love this Gothic Gateway door stamp from Creative Expressions. People may already know I have a thing about old doors, as I've mentioned before in previous posts. 


In my own little fantasy world I thought of beautiful hanging Wisteria flowers around the door, but I didn't have a stamp so I just drew them on. I adore the colour against the kraft card.

I've used Prisma Colour pencils, they have very yummy high pigmentation hence the vivid colour, they're a bit pricey but worth it.


I started with the stamp and just a brown pencil


Added some highlight from a white pencil


I drew some branches, and then just coloured in lots of foliage and the flowers.


 I love the blue and the purple together, against the door. 



I know who I'd like to give this to :)


The sentiment is from the Beaded Swirl set from Creative Expressions too.

The weekend is nearly here, and it looks like it's going to be a sunny one, I hope so, I still have so much to do!
Have a good one.
Michelle x

16 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow Michelle, I love the Gothic door frame and it looks fabulous with the wisteria around it - great colouring and it looks amazing against the Kraft background. Hugs, Anne x

Helen said...

wow, that's gorgeous - can't believe you drew the wisteria!! Those pencils are on my wish list....lol!

Helen said...

wow, that's gorgeous - can't believe you drew the wisteria!! Those pencils are on my wish list....lol!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love love love that door and the colors!!!

Sandra Botham said...

Beautiful. x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Really beautiful, love your drawn wisteria!! Clever you...have aball at the weekend! Hugs trace x

Carol Q said...

love this - absolutely stunning colouring.

catherine said...

This looks great Michelle and love the colours. As you say very intense and so beautiful. Nice to see you again and enjoy the workshop
x catherine

Juls said...

wow this is amazing! Hugs Juls

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

The Kraft card really sets the door and wisteria off beautifully. Love your drawn wisteria and the doorway and colouring is fabulous. Tracy x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, you made a brilliant job of drawing the wisteria :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Michelle ! I love the Wisteria, the colour is just fabulous ! Sue C x

Words and Pictures said...

Just delicious... the image is so calm and serene. Love the dimensional highlighting on the brickwork, so effective, and the wisteria looks fab!
Alison x

Sandy said...

Gorgeous coloring Michelle! I too like Prisma pencils. I also love old doors, basement doors and doors into secret gardens. A fabulous world to live in. Love all your art work Sugar.
Sandy

sue said...

stunning work michelle,can't believe you drew the wisteria.well done.sue xx

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow amazing stunning creation, your drawing skills are awesome. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...