Friday 25 January 2013

Timeless Inspiration Love Matchbook

Thank you for all my Happy Birthday comments, I had a wonderful day. xx

Love is the theme with Creative Expressions this month, there are hearts everywhere with their new stamp set Hearts Entwined. Here I'm using Tim Holtz Matchbook die to make a Love book.


This is the die cut card before I inked it up.


I inked up the card with Barn Door, Shabby Shutters, Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed, and Broken China Distress Inks. I did a few bits of spritz and flick, and went over again with the same colour inks. 



I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 
I used the small heart from the Hearts Entwined stamp set to stamp randomly all over the cover.



Now to make an insert. I had just received a parcel and this was the filling inside. So I decided why chuck it away when I could cut it up and make pages from it! It worked a treat. The more creases the better because as I was distressing the pages the creases picked up the Vintage Photo more and looked even better.


I tore up some pages from an old love poetry book and distressed the edges and stuck them onto my pages.
On a couple of pages I sprayed some Cosmic Shimmer's and did some drippage.




To finish off the pages I added some streaks of white paint to give it that weathered look.



On the front cover I stamped the heart onto Mulberry paper and tore around the edges. I then distressed the edges of a Wendy Vecchi spotty heart and stuck it onto the front. 
I finished off the Matchbook with some Chit Chat words.
I LOVE the colours so much.

Hope you all have a very inky messy weekend.
Michelle x

20 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Delicious! I've been hovering over the Buy button with this die so many times recently - you may just have pushed me over the edge! Totally with you on the packing paper, I have a bunch of it all stacked behind an armchair!! Fantastic little book - so love your use of colour...
Alison x

patcrafts said...

This is so cute, love the idea of the package paper, love all the bright colours and the lace is gorgeous in the colours xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Oh no,this is another die I have not yet used, I need more hours in the day. Love the fantastic colours on this piece Michelle and the hearts look fantastic. Tracy x

flutterbycrafter said...

What a great idea, love it xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Looks like a wonderful project, really fabulous.

Redanne said...

Fabulous use of the matchbook die and the packing paper Michelle. Love the book papers too, a perfect addition to your beautiful little book. Love, love, love it! Hugs, Anne x

catherine said...

This is just fabulous Michelle and think I must get that die !!. Love all the colours and the stamping.
x catherine

Helen said...

Such a gorgeous little book, love all the colours and the pages and ...., everything about it!!!

Sandy said...

I don't know how you come up with all these ideas Michele - I love this little Match Book book - and you are right - the colors are wonderful!
Sandy

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous little book, I love the wonderful colours :o)
Jackie xx

Sandy said...

Wow what a color explosion.

This is absolutely fantastic.
Love it.
xoxo

Inkypinkycraft said...

Fab idea, great way to make the pages and gorgeous colours!!! I need to get playing with this die! Hugs trace x

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,this is beautiful,what lovely vibrant colours.Jacqueline.S

Karin said...

what a great idea, its gorgeous!

Kezzy said...

Wow stunning, I love the colours so bright and funky. Hugs Kezzy xxx

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it, Michelle!!! Such yummy colors, too... rich!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love how you did the pages. I'm going to have to add this die to my wish list.

Suzy said...

Oooh gorgeous and you have just given me some ideas for some backgrounds I was stuck with :)

Gillian .... said...

Oh wow, love this, the explosion of colours looks utterly stunning, a little mini treasure Michelle. xx

Gio said...

Love this beautiful ,colourful intense matchbook!Brava!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...