Friday 4 January 2013

Exciting news!

I've been keeping this under raps since December and I've been bursting to tell someone!

But I can now reveal that I was asked to be one of the new guest designers for the PaperArtsy team, for January to April! I can't tell you how excited I am. I love their stamps and paints. Of course without any hesitation I said yes!


I found out just as I was going to bed too, so I was laid in bed with wide eyed excitement. It took me hours to get to sleep! I'm not complaining though. I dreamt of inky painty shinannigans.

So a few days later the postie knocked on my door and handed me a huge box filled with goodies. Leandra had sent me lots of stamps, paints, papers, wooden items to decorate and embellishments. I nearly keeled over from her generosity, I couldn't wait to get started on creating.


I only had the small matter of 70 wedding invites to make first, oh and I needed to get my first 3 projects to Paper Artsy in 2 weeks! It was all action stations over Christmas I can tell you. 


I've managed to finish 4 projects not 3 and they're going up on the PaperArtsy blog all next week, with a little sneak peak on my blog too at the same time. So keep your eye's peeled for lots of blog posts next week.

Leandra at PaperArtsy has come up with a great concept, instead of having a "design team" for the whole year, she's having 4 guest designers do a semester of 4 months. Each designer is doing 1 week out of every month to show their crafty projects. Mine starts on the 7th of January, that's this Monday. I'm on the team with some amazing people who will be revealed throughout the year, but along with me in the first semester is Linda Cain! I've been a mahoosive fan of Linda Cain for ages, she has the best imagination for altering things. There are two more designers for January but they've not spilled the beans yet, so I'll keep it under my hat for now.
So we have a nice new shiny blog button too for the 1st semester design team, I've put it on my side bar, so keep your eye out to see if you can find out who the other designers are.
Happy New Year everyone xx
Can't wait for next week
Michelle x

28 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Congratulations Michelle, you will be a wonderful asset. ENJOY. Tracy x x

Evil Edna said...

WAHOOOOO!can not wait to see you create.bloomin marvelous! EE

Wendy Fraser said...

Congrats, that's brilliant news, can't wait to see what you make! xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Congratulations buddy you will be ace ! Cannot wait to see what you and the others dream up ! Exciting stuff
Well done you , we'll deserved you are the painty queen ! Hugs trace x

Ruth said...

Thats brilliant news Michelle - cant wait to see what you make!

Ruth

Crafting Queen said...

Congratulations, that's great news!

TAM said...

Congratulations Michelle - looking forward to seeing what you've created with all that lovely stash Leandra sent to you, I'm not surprised you were impatient to get "stuck in"

Linda M. Cain said...

You are too kind Michelle....we are going to have a ball!

~Linda

Liesbeth Fidder said...

Congrats Michelle !! Great ! Can't wait to see what you create ! Enjoy !

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely brrrrrilliant news Michelle and very well deserved it is too... have a blast with all those goodies and I cannot wait to see your gorgeous creations x

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, I am chuffed to bits that Paper Artsy have chosen you to be on their DT - Wow! And what a lot of goodies you got, it is like Christmas all over again. You will be brilliant and it is so well deserved too. Hugs, Anne x

Gillian .... said...

Doing a *happy dance* at having you onboard to share your enthusiasim and creative talents. I know you are going to rock those Fresco Paints for sure. Mahoosive congrats:):):)

Lurve the blog button :) xx

Nan G said...

Congrats! Wow, look at the cool stuff you get to play (create) with!! I'm a new email follower so I'm looking forward to your DT posts!

Marjie Kemper said...

Kicking my heels up for you here in NY, Michelle... fantastic news!! Congratulations to you and Linda Cain.

flutterbycrafter said...

Brilliant news, well deserved and you'll be a big asset to the team, big hugs xx

Kim Dellow said...

That is wonderful news lovely! Can not wait to see what you come up with! Kimx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, these are wonderful news - congratulations. Cannot wait to see your creations.

Words and Pictures said...

OMG look at that boxful!! So looking forward to seeing what you do with it all...
Alison xx

Sandy said...

Congratulations Michele - Paper Artsy chose well! you are very talented!! I almost wet my pants when I saw all the stuff they sent you - oh my gracious!!!! Can't wait to see all you do --
Happy New Year Cute Lady!
Sandy

Karin said...

wow congratulations!

Helen said...

Fantastic news, Michelle. What a great way to start the new year!!!

Sandy said...

Oh Michelle what for great news.
I'm so happy for you.
xoxo

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I've just had a nosey and your creations are fab! Stalking you right back!

Liz x
Oh, and big congrats on your new DT post, can't wait to see what you do with all those goodies - lucky you.

Sam & Poppy said...

How very exciting for you Michelle, can't wait to see what you make for Paperartsy!! Glad you found me cos now I've found you right back, lol. Have fun with all that gorgeous stash :) xx

patcrafts said...

Congratulations Michelle that's fantastic news, I love Paper Artsy too. xx

Helen said...

Congratulations, Michelle! What a gorgeous array of goodies you got sent - can't wait to see all the fabulous things you have made!

Gems Inky antics said...

Fab fab fab - I'm so pleased for you Michelle, well done xx

PaperArtsy said...

Awesome to have you share on the PA blog Michelle. Adore your enthusiasm. It's infectious!
Leandra xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...