Tuesday 15 January 2013

Black and white journal page for It's Crafting time.

It's been a while since I did a project for It's Crafting time, because Helen gave us a fantastic break over Christmas. I really needed it too, but I was itching to get my next project done for them, and my theme for this one was Black and White.

I chose to do a fab journal page, but I couldn't resist just a little smidge of colour, after all I adore colour.

I've gone all stamp and stencil tastic for this one. I'm loving the grungy look from the black and white theme.
I've used Tim Holtz background & butterfly stamps and 7 Gypsies Family and Venice clear stamps, on both pages.


The black, teal and orange paints are Adirondack dabbers, some I've used to stamp with and some I've splatted the paint across the page. There is something really satisfying about flicking paint, it feels naughty but it's allowed, and you have no idea where its going to go! The teal outline is from a my Prismacolour pencils that I got for Christmas, I love these, the colours are really rich,

I finished off the page by sticking down a photo of me and my son with washi tape. This pic was taken in 2006, my son was only 15 at the time, now he's 22! How time flies.

Have painty inky fun everyone
Michelle x

13 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific Graffiti pages Michelle, x

patcrafts said...

Wow this is fantastic Michelle, I just love the grungey feel of this and your style is so individual xx

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, this is wonderful, the black and white is so striking with the fabulous pops of colour here and there. I know now what you mean about getting messy with the paints and thanks to your inspiration I am doing it too and loving it! Hugs, Anne x

PS - fabulous photo too....

Gillian .... said...

Gorgeous my lovely, the splashes of teal & orange are sooooo striking. Love it! mwahhh xx

Words and Pictures said...

Such dramatic pages, Michelle - dynamic and full of movement - fantastic!
Alison x

Dara Lynn said...

Totally love it Michelle!!! Striking comes to mind!!!

Helen said...

You've obviously been having inky fun with these pages, Michelle.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great photo and I lvethe splashes of bright colour against the black and white! Fab pages trace x

Karin said...

gorgeous pages!

Marjie Kemper said...

Such gorgeous pages, Michelle! I've just had a catchup on all your new creations.... WOW!!! Popped over to PA to leave you some love. Your projects were amazing!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That rocks - a fantastic page.

Suzy said...

I love this, the teal and the orange really make the black and white pop.

I will need to have a try at this myself

Anonymous said...

It's actually very difficult in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, therefore I simply use world wide web for that purpose, and take the newest news.

my web site boojoojoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...