Sunday 2 September 2012

Love Life Challenge Thee Tag

Well me and Trace Metcalf from inkypinkycraft have been on the phone again finding out what stash we both have and coming up with an 'I Challenge Thee to make something' list. This wonderful idea was started off by Hels Sheridan and Ellen Vargo with their 'I challenge thee' makes. Hel's last one is HERE and Ellen's is HERE.

So here is the list that me and Trace came up with this time:

Trace suggested using my free digi stamp - Love Machine Heart
A Tag
Some Foil or sheet metal
Alcohol ink
Paint
Gesso
Distress ink
Tim Holtz stamps
Embossing powder or folder
Mica powder
And some lettering

Plus 1 secret ingredient


And here's what I came up with........

Have you spotted my secret ingredient?.......yes it's wax!
I dripped wax down the tag and brushed it with Perfect Pearls, I just love this effect. 


This tag started life being vivid blue (done with alcohol inks) with fancy script and flourishes. And in true Donna Downey style I changed how it looked by scraping red and white acrylic paint with a pallet knife down the middle to make it look grungy


I cut the whole out of the heart where the cogs are and wrapped it kitchen foil. I put sequin waste over the heart and ran it through my Big Shot. Now I had my metallic embossed heart..fab. 

I snipped into the foil where the hole was in the card and peeled back the layers to make it look like it had been ripped open. I dripped a few drops of red, copper, gold and black alcohol inks on the embossed metal. I printed off the heart again and coloured in the cogs and stuck it beneath the metal heart. I stuck them both onto the corrugated card and cut out the heart shape.

I heat embossed the TH wings behind the heart.


I've used distress paint on the grunge board letters and edged it with red paint. I love that crackled Blue China paint! Then I dripped wax down the whole tag and brushed it with gold Perfect Pearls mica powder. 


I can't wait to see what Trace has come up with.

We've already started cooking up the next one, so far we've come up with art parts and Idea-ology.
Ooooooo mind is already running a muck?

20 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, well I for one wouldn't mind getting inside your brain to see how you came up with this, never mind your brain running amok thinking of the next one! It is brilliant, so much texture and dimension....Crafty hugs, Anne x

Inkypinkycraft said...

now that is fab, the wax is amazing, love the colours...
has been so much fun and love how we have both gone in such different directions!!!
cannot wait for the next one! hugs trace x

Heike said...

This is great - so unusual and very eye-catching. And the colours and textures are fab.
Heike xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag, love the wax dripping and the letters are fab. Wonderful heart. So many wonderful layers of interest. Tracy x

Crafting Queen said...

What a wonderful tag, great colours and textures.

Sarah said...

Fabulous tag Michelle! Love the wax and the colours. Very inspirational.

Sarah x

Victoria said...

Such lovely texture! The wax effect is marvellous. What a great idea for a personal challenge!

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, what an incredible grungy tag, so full of vibrancy and texture. I love it and what a great idea between you and Trace.
Thanks for visiting and leaving me a lovely comment.
hugs {brenda} xox

Marjie Kemper said...

Holy cow, that's a beauty!!! Love love LOVE all t he texture and the PPs look incredible on the wax. Your heart is killer, as is the cog-filled hole. Did I mention I love this?!?!

flutterbycrafter said...

Loving all the different layers and the wax just finishes I tiff beautifully

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hi Michelle! New follower here! I totally love your Art, especially the canvases and this tag is mahoosively awesome! The wax really reels the eye in...WOW!!! Gorgeous work! I look forward to seeing more!

Kaz Hall said...

Oooo love me some wax!! for my art of course!!LOL
looks great Michelle x

kaz

Words and Pictures said...

Big WOW Michelle!! This is absolute eye candy - the colours are so uplifting, as is the sentiment... I love it!
Alison x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...jaw dropping Michelle...a fantastic piece of work, the colours are lush and that wax is awesome, incredible, loVe the heart...you have amazing ideas that are so inspiring...superb Michelle...Mel :)

G Peplow said...

WoW Gorgeous techniques and a wonderful and textural result, I'm loving all the drippy wax too:0) Gay x

Netty said...

wow your tag is full of dripping goodness, love it. Annette x

Sandy said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! You once again have turned on my excitement button and given me some ideas!!!!!! Thanks Michelle!
Sandy

Wendy Fraser said...

Creative, clever and downright amazing! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle.. Love your Tag...The wax looks brilliant. S x

The Archiving Angel said...

Super cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...