Wednesday 26 September 2012

Collabor-ART Mystery gift swap

The wonderful Sarah Harris organized a mystery gift swap over at Collabor-ART. A wonderful blog where you can swap journals, canvases, mail art, etc.. and collaborate on arty projects. If you want to have a go click HERE for details on how to get involved. 

For the mystery gift swap we had to make an arty project and put it in a parcel with some crafty items from our stash, items that you don't mind parting with and recycling. One man's junk is another man's treasure as they say. Then with the parcel you receive from your mystery swap partner, take 3 items and make something from your new crafty bits.

So a big parcel arrived for me on Friday, full of wrapped up goodies.


Here are my wonderful new crafty bits, all laid out on my workdesk. I love the Prima crystals (lots & lots!), the stamps all of them, the alphabets, the papers, the paints....well everything.


Here is my beautiful handmade journal, I LOVE IT sooooo much. Thank you my secret gifter (I still have no idea who you are!)



Well I just couldn't wait to make something with my new arty bits.
So I got straight to work on the first page in my gorgeous handmade journal.


I used my new journal, the art butterfly stamp, and my making memories transfer letters for my 3 crafty bits.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to my mystery giver. xx
I will treasure it forever. Michelle x

8 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...fabulous idea and what a wonderful amount of crafty treasures you received Michelle, awesome, and the journal is just wonderful! what a gorgeous surprise and your first page has done it proud, superb as ever Michelle,a great thank you to the giver...Melx :)

Julia S-W said...

Wow, how amazing is this? You were one very lucky girl but I'm sure you sent some beautiful things too! I love the first page in journal - such a beautiful handmade journal too! - and I look forward to seeing what else you do in there.
Juliax
Thanks for your comment on my canvas. I know it had its faults but I loved the process and perhaps the next one will be better! Thanks for the inspiration.
x

Sarah said...

the "wonderful" Sarah Harris? :)

that's a first lol, where do I send the bribe?

Sarah said...

Darn, I got busted, how did that happen? Yes, I was your mystery gifter, really glad you like the journal.

so what gave it away?

Words and Pictures said...

What an amazing swap - so exciting to receive your package... and WOW to the journal page - what a way to say thank you!
Alison x

Lynn Stevens said...

What a fun swap! you sure got some amazing gifts, have fun playing!
hugs Lynn

Helen said...

How exciting getting to unwrap all those goodies and then creating something - lucky you!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a wonderful exchange! Your page is fabulous, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...