Sunday 16 September 2012

Be Creative canvas

I've had a great weekend, went to Art from the Heart yesterday and made Dylusions Christmas cards. The new stamps and stencils are brilliant, they're so versatile you can do loads with them. We made heaps of wonderful backgrounds and two super big tags too.....I had to buy a pack of these, they're awesome! We listened to Jim Reeves and Michael Buble's Christmas songs to get us in the mood too, all that was missing was some mulled wine! I don't need much coaxing to get me in the mood for Christmas though, I love it. 

I've made this canvas for the It's crafting time design team and also for a very generous crafty friend Mel aka The Yorkshire Fox. She doesn't know it yet but she will do when she see's this post. Mel gave me her wonderful Believe tag because I loved it that much, so as a huge thank you, I've made this for you Mel xx

I started with sticking down some scraps of paper and fabric then gesso'd over the top. I added some subtle colour here and there and gave it a gold and burnt umber edge. I covered a Wendy Vicchi Art Part flower with some patterned paper and distressed the edges with vintage photo Distress ink.

I've used my favourite spiral paper clips with some Beadazzles in the centre of the flower.


I used bright green florist wire to make a hanger and made some spirals wrapped round the end of a paint brush. I love this quirky addition.


 I hope Mel likes it.
Michelle x

19 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Michelle,

OMG -- this is amazing!!!! Lucky Mel! And lucky you, getting her tag. Aren't bloggers just the best bunch of people!!!

I'm finally getting caught up on my blog hopping. So glad I saw this post!

Hugs,
Kay


...the yorkshire fox... said...

...OMGosh Michelle like it, I loVe it, I am blown away by your generosity, your canvas is stunning, the layers the colours all the texture and I loVe that you have subtly put a heart in there...you are so clever and so imaginative Michelle...thank you for your kindness, your posting today has lifted me from a dreadful few days...thank you so so much you really are an amazing lady...Melx :)

Wendy Fraser said...

Just gorgeous! Love all the texture xx

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Michelle. I am your newest blog follower. I live in the U.S. but it is always amazing to find new crafty friends, near & far.
This canvas is brilliant!
I am off to see more.
Hope you can follow my blog as well.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Gillian .... said...

Hi Michelle, Mel is one lucky girl, this is GORGEOUS, love the colour theme throughout an all that texture .. yum! x

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is a wonderful make, the textures and details here are fab!! You rock making canvas ! I am sure Mel will be thrilled ! A really great piece ! Hugs trace. X

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful canvas!

May said...

Stunning as always Michelle... adore this creation, the colours, design,, the transparent heart.. simply amazing..I adore the flower... great job... Mel will love this... Hugs May x x x

Helen said...

Lovely creation, Michelle. Love all the little details, each time I look I find something else. Helen

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful canvas, no doubt your friend Mel will LOVE it!
hugs Lynn

Sarah said...

Love all of the textures in this piece but especially the micro beads! Very cool!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for following me. What a lucky friend, so lovely!

Sophie said...

Und wieder so wundervolle Arbeiten.
Ich bin immer wieder begeistert über deine Kreativität.
Chapeau.
Danke für deinen lieben Kommentar auf meinem Blog.

Ganz liebe Grüße

Terry said...

One thing I really love about blogging is making new friends and finding new blogs! This is out of this world gorgeous and Mel will love it! What a canvas and so much gorgeous texture! So happy to follow you and thank you so much for your lovely comment! Have a great day!

Tracey-B said...

Wow, it is fantastic and Mel is very lucky to be on the receiving end! The colours are just beautiful and I love the art part flower and words. Stunning!

Unknown said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog on the Craft Stamper reader gallery. Love your work, this canvas is brilliant :o)

Marjie Kemper said...

OMG, this is freaking awesome! Sorry to cuss... but c'mon... it's fantastic! I am positive your friend will adore it.

Julie S said...

Michelle, this is WONDERFUL! I'm sure she will absolutely love it. I'm so inspired...I need to run out and get a canvas.

Sandy said...

I must say Michelle - I love everything you do -- you are so darn creative - and artsy and fartsy!
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...