Sunday 30 September 2012

Altered Notebook

I've been locked away in my room of craft, making design teams pieces left right and centre! I've not been blogging as much as usual, so sorry if I've not been to your blog yet.  I will be making up for lost time and  popping by shortly to see what you've all been up to. I have 5 crafty projects that I've finished and they're waiting to be blogged! So watch this space.

You know when you're stuck thinking about what present to buy for someone's birthday? Well I had that dilemma this week, with a friend called Fiona. Then I remembered that Fiona likes to write, so I thought why not alter a note book? So I set to work straight away on making her a notebook with her favourite colour lilac.


I gessoed the cover, then added texture with torn card, lace and embellishments.


 I gesso-ed over the lot and edged around the letters with lilac acrylic paint. I sprayed 'Pashmina' Tattered Angels mist in places and let it drip down over the stencilled gesso to make the texture stand out. 


I rubbed gesso into the words on the Tim Holtz word tags, it made the words stand out more.


I sprinked a couple of areas with pink Beadazzles.


I really like the back of the notebook, with all the layers adding lots of interest. 
I tied various bits of ribbon to the spiral binding too, for that girly touch.


I finished off the book by edging in black dabber and covering the inside covers with purple dotty card.
I really hope she likes it.


Hope you've all had a marvellous crafty week?
Tara for now.
Michelle x

21 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...this is simply gorgeous Michelle she will loVe it...great texture and colour, a super altered piece...Melxx :)

Tracey-B said...

What a lovely present, and there's so much more thought and love in a handmade gift.

Tracey-B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous present, love the lettering and colours. Beautiful. Tracy x

froebelsternchen said...

fabulous! I love it!

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful, perfect colours and love the words. Great inspiration.

hugs Ali x

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, so beautiful, what a wonderful gift. xx

Gillian .... said...

Oooo it's gorgeous, I'm sure your friend will love it, so much texture to admire. Lol know what you mean about being locked away with DT stuff:) xx

Evil Edna said...

cool, love the heart andthe spiral shell.EE

Eileen said...

Fabulous, fabulous work Michelle
I love every little bit of it. thanks for following my blog... I am now following you xxx
E xx

Brenda Brown said...

This is fabulous Michelle, lots of wonderful texture and colour. I am sure your friend loves it.
Hope you have had a good weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Crafting Queen said...

Really great project, great colours and textures.

Marianne/skorpionen said...

what a great gift!! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Marjie Kemper said...

i'm sure she'll love it! Awesome texture on the cover.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, Michelle, it's scrumptious - she can't help but love it! Love your textured objects, fab ribbons and inside page detailing - wonderful work!
Alison x

Tinkertaylor said...

Wish I was Fiona that's a fabulously thoughtful gift.

Dara Lynn said...

I am sure she will love it Michelle!

hazel said...

A fabulous altered notebook and a great gift.
xxx Hazel.

Julia S-W said...

This is gorgeous and if she doesn't like it I'll pretend my name is Fiona!!
Juliaxx

Astrid Maclean said...

This is simply stunning, totally adore it, I bet Fiona loved it!!

Kim Dellow said...

Hey-Up Michelle! This is totally GORGEOUS! Love it! Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...