Wednesday 11 April 2012

Tag Heaven!

Unfortunately I'm back at work this week in my full time job, having been off for a week in arty heaven....Booo Hissss....  I'm glad I put another week's holiday in for the beginning of May, so only another 2 and a bit weeks at work before I'm off again whoopy ding dong!

I've completed the Creative Chemistry 101 with Tim Holtz and I got the bug for making backgrounds for tags which helped me think differently about making backgrounds for journal pages too.

Here is my favourite tag I made on Monday (1), the background I made with Adirondack alcohol inks. The  sentiment, the silvery circles & the red tiny squares are a Tim Holtz stamp, the heart stamp is from Crafty Corner (stamped using a light blue Adirondack dabber),  the face stamp is Inkylicious, spiral stamp is  Dimension Fourth and My Minds Eye wild asparagus wispy stamp is around the face. I dabbed the edges with a black Adirondack dabber.

Tag 1. 

Here are some of my my Creative Chemistry 101 tags below (2), I'll make something from my backgrounds, probably at the weekend.

Tag 2. 

Then I did a couple of journal page backgrounds below (3), all using Adirondack dabbers and Cosmic Shimmer Mists. A great little tip is to use the Brilliance raindrop ink pads direct on the page because you can get an instant raindrop shape and it has a nice shimmer too, I love this effect.

3. 

More alcohol ink tags (4).

Tags 4.

This one below (5) is using only the Salmon Adirondack alcohol ink with the copper mixative and dropping blending solution onto the tag.

Tag 5. 


Tag No. 6 below is made using only Adirondack dabbers, Salmon, Aqua and Pool. Then I used a Radiant Rain pink mister (just like Cosmic Shimmers). The stars are a That Special Touch mask, the number jumble is Dylusions, and the cross hatch is from a piece of netting I have.

Tags 6. 

I also did these two little makes with the Dina Wakely stamp, which I'll probably use on something at the weekend, but I don't know what yet. The first one I stamped the Dina Stamp, then the hand, and masked the two stamps and stamped the writing. I coloured the Dina stamp using Dylusions inks and a water pen. I used a red and a purple soft pastel to highlight/shadow around the images.
 The second one I used Tim Holtz kraft resist paper (I love the old smell of the paper when you use the heat gun on it).


As you can see I've had a lot of fun
Michelle x

6 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

oh my...YOUR tags are brilliant and your blog is just fabulous..love it:)

Wendy Fraser said...

Just one word - OUTSTANDING! xx

Handmade Hannah said...

OMG I love every single one! I really like the Dina stamps - I have these but have not managed to make them look so brilliant! Must try harder! Thanks for the encouraging comments on my blog :)

sue said...

love your tags,they are gorgous. sue xx

Sarah Anderson said...

gorgeous tags, and these techniques will be fabulous in your journal! That last tag with the Dina stamp is my favourite.

thekathrynwheel said...

Love all of your tags and backgrounds but my fave is the first one (gorgeous!) and the distress tags. You have talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...