Sunday 29 April 2012

Altered box for die cut collage sheets

I was going to do an ATC with a Victorian image from my die cut collage sheets, when I realised I have a messy pile of sheets, they needed a home. I had bought some white shoe boxes from TK Max ages ago with a view to altering them at some point. This was the perfect opportunity to make a collaged box for my collage sheets!  Here is the result of an afternoon with old die cuts and PVA glue. It's a great way of recycling your old decoupage sheets if you don't use them any more. Just run Walnut Stain Distress stain over the sheets to vintage them up, cut them out and hey presto.  I saw a collaged box on the Ranger website which was the inspiration for this design. 



This is my pile of die cut sheets I use for collage projects. I think lots of people have some of these old things.


I painted the shoe box in Burnt Umber acrylic paint first, which actually looked like a nice wood effect box when it was painted. 


I tore up some Crowded Attic Tim Holtz scrapbook paper, and distressed the edges with Barn Door, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, and Rusty Hinge distress inks.


I wiped Walnut Stain Distress Stain over my die cuts to make them old and vintage looking.


And glued them onto the painted box.


I used strips of Crowded Attic paper along the bottom of each side and finished off the box with Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal box corners and legs.


I now have the perfect home for my collage sheets.


Now I must find a nice home for it.



9 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...this is awesome Michelle...and a great step by step guide too...it's amazing how a plain white box can be transformed into a stunning piece thats a joy to look at & use...tis loVely...Mel :)

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A really satisfying project as not only did you make use of your die-cuts but you now have beautiful storage.
Wishes
Lynne

Wendy Fraser said...

Brilliant project! Love it. It looks like something really expensive rather than a shoebox! xx

Sandra Botham said...

Oh my lord, this is awesome hun, adore it sooo much. I so need to do one of these when I get back from my hols.
Thanks for the step by step, I def need it.
Sandra. Xx

Evil Edna said...

that is so you funky, colourful and quirky.EE

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Michelle, this is absolutely STUNNING... I have a load of those sheets somewhere in this Room of Trash... fab idea to grunge them up!!! THanks for sharing x

Unknown said...

STUNNING work Michelle , wow doesnt it look fabulous now well done Hugs Elaine

Marjie Kemper said...

What a transformation! Love your beautiful collage container... you might need to make a whole bunch more for other supplies.

Anonymous said...

beats by dr dre lwcjmeyv beats by dre okfjvppf beats dr dre gcpzoqhi beats for sale yhhveznm beats headphones bpgazazr cheap monster beats yymolwcm dr dre beats ldbmkkku dr dre headphones carieprp monster beats by dre ngpjjqag monster beats headphones llrmnhod monster beats gdvdpiez monster headphones ydwphutv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...