Sunday 1 April 2012

Creativity is in the hands

It's been a busy week, all this nice weather means, my only time in the evenings and the weekend is taken up by making the garden more respectable.........What we need is the heavens to open up and to rain solidly for a week, so we don't have a hosepipe ban, and I wouldn't feel so guilty about spending the whole weekend in the craft room!
I'm off work next week, so hopefully I'll get a few things posted on my blog instead of the one measly post on a weekend.....  I promise I'll do more. I'm in a pop choir too and we've had 2 concerts in the past week and a bit.   I have far too many hobbies! ...... My family would agree.

I'm staying over in York on Monday night, we're going to see Sarah Millican, but gonna swing past Art from the Heart on the way back up north on Tuesday morning, oooh I can't wait, payday weekend, bring it on.

Anyway, this latest post is all about not thinking too much about what you're creating just let your hands do the talking. It's not really your creative mind that starts a project off, it's usually just your hands picking up inks and stamps and seeing what happens. Then at some point you know where your going with it.


I used my gilding flakes and flitter glue too on the bird cages.


There are dots of liquid pearls all over too. Had these ages and don't use them enough. For the background I used just London Blue dylusions ink sprayed onto a craft mat, and thinned it out with a bit of water and streaked through some lemon yellow liquid pearls. I love the effect it has on the background. Only you can't see it very well because I covered it with hands and spirals.  I have a pic of the background before I put everything else on, it was pretty. The yellowy streaks are the shimmery lemon yellow liquid pearls.


Is it something we learn, or is it in our genes?
I love having inky hands, they make sense.


Have a good week. Michelle x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab work Michelle well done Hugs Elaine

Redanne said...

Love this page Michelle, the words are sooo true. I envy you the trip to Dyan's place, although if I went I would spend far too much money! Since art is therapy wouldn't it be nice if the Government saw fit to give us each a therapy bonus............

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, this is just stunning!!! xx

Evil Edna said...

wonderful and inspiring as usual. Have a great time in York.EE

Sandra Botham said...

This is fantastic hun, really catches the eye and the colours are sooo spring. Cant believe how far we have both come on our journaling journey already. Am soooooo jelous you heading back to AFTH, have to show some pics of what you get, hope you have a fantastic time though.

Take care

Sandra. x

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow! You are on a roll! This is fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...