Wednesday 26 June 2013

Take time to smell the Roses!

I've been mostly out and about this week taking photo's in my local area. I forgot just how gorgeous the countryside is here in the North of England. It's been threatening to rain a few times and the storm clouds make great pictures. 

For Creative Expressions this week I've made this lovely heart wall hanging. 
I've used the roses stamp and the flourish stamp from the Floral Silhouette stamp set.


It's difficult to see very well in this pic but I've also used some Cosmic Shimmer Cast Bronze gilding wax too around the edge. Gilding wax is all the rage at the minute and I love the finish it gives.

I've not been blogging much lately, so sorry about that. I think I did more blog posts when I was working! Now that I am not working I seem to be busier than ever. Job hunting is very time consuming you know.
I've still been crafting a lot though, but my projects are for teaching.
I'll share them on the blog soon though :)

Have a wonderful sunny week, I'll be watching a bit of tennis, tending to my veggie patch and my greenhouse tomatoes and doing lots of craftyness xx 

14 comments:

Julie Lee said...

A lovely wall hanging! I like the gilding, which I'm sure looks even more amazing IRL! Julie Ann x.

Helen said...

I love the hanging, like Julie Ann says I bet it looks even better IRL. have a good day.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and the quote!! Good luck with the job hunting!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a gorgeous hanging.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely heart hanging, the roses look fabulous and I love the text . Good luck with the job hunting. Tracy x

sam21ski said...

Great hanging Michelle, happy job hunting (yeah right!!!)

Sam xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful hanging and great stamping, love the colours too!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful hanger, love the colours and images. Shirleyx

Inkypinkycraft said...

This looks great x

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous wall hanging, I love the beautiful bronze :o)
Jackie xx

Helen said...

The quote on your wall hanging is so true, and we (I) don't do it often enough! Love the shading of the colours.

Words and Pictures said...

Such elegant stamping and warm glowing colours - it's lovely, Michelle. Good luck with the ongoing job-hunting!
Alison x

Chris said...

Beautiful hanging, Michelle. Lovely colours and rose images. More stamps for my wishlist!

Good luck with your job hunting - not easy nowadays. xx

rae d said...

love this Michelle!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...