Thursday 6 June 2013

Fly, Embrace, Believe for Creative Expressions.

I've made a grungy tag this week for the Creative Expressions DT. We've been given a new set of stamps and they're really lovely. They are the Floral Silhouette stamp set, and they have 6 great flower stamps on, two butterflies and a wonderful flourish to boot! A really versatile stamp set I'd say.


I've used lots of products on this one.
First distressed the edges using Iced Spruce Distress Ink, then embossed the tag with the Adagio Couture Creations embossing folder. I then used Broken China Distress Ink to darken the raised musical notes and rubbed Gold Gilding Wax over the top. I've used the flourish stamp too here and there.


I used a Big n Juicy stamp pad on the butterflies stamp, I love those blended colours.
Then I used some Chit Chat words on the butterflies.


I sprayed some Calyso Teal Dylusions ink just for that hit of blue.
I tore up a few pieces book text and distressed the edges and put them on the tag too, along with some white embossing paste.


I attached some straw ribbon with staples and found some lovely blue flower ribbon to put on the bottom. 

 
I'm off to Stamp Magic on Sunday, is anyone else going?
I'll be demo-ing on the PaperArtsy stand.
Have a great weekend.
Michelle xx

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the butterflies!!

Jackie said...

Fabulous tag, love the blue and green :o)
Jackie xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous Michelle, very eye catching with super detail...Melxx :)

Jenny Marples said...

Now this I love Michelle. Good thinking to use the Big n Juicy for those butterflies (must use mine!) and the background embossing looks so good. Hugs, Jenny x

Helen said...

Fab tag, sorry I'll miss you, I'm going to a Christening.. that's a first for many years!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the background embossing and the flower trim at the bottom, both a lovely backdrop for the butterflies. Love the torn paper too. Tracy x x

Trish Latimer said...

Fab grungy tag Michelle, so much colour and texture going on! Love it! x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love this grungy make! Cool colours! Hugs trace x

Helen said...

Love all the dimension on this tag, especially the butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag Michelle, the butterflies are gorgeous ! Sue C x

ria gall said...

Hi Michelle
this is a really pretty piece I love how it is grungy but pretty at the same time. Love the embossing folder that has been used.
Ria

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulously grungy - love the textured music, and the flowers are just lovely, as are the butterflies!
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant, just brilliant! Love all that texture and splattering! Chrisx

Kim Dellow said...

Wow totally yum! love them butterflies. Beautiful. Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...