Friday 14 June 2013

Life is a tiptoe through the tulips!

I've made a journal page for Creative Expression this week.
I've used the flourish and the tulips from the Floral Silhouette stamp set.

I painted a background of salmon and cream acrylic paint and stamped the lovely flourish stamp around the edge of the page. I added some more layering using a Tim Holtz text stamp, some dots and some black circles.  I stamped the tulips onto white card using Antique Linen Distress ink, so it would not be too dark, when I coloured it in with Promarkers.


I painted the blades of grass on the bottom of the page,and painted the leaves of the tulips too with the same green paint. I really love the way the tulips stand out.

I have my fingers crossed that we're going to get sunshine this weekend..
Here's hoping.
Michelle x

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Fab' great colours I will be singing that all day now lol
Love
Amanda x

Lin said...

lovely page Michelle Love love love that background...and the quote well!! i'm gonna pinch that lol!!

Helen said...

What a gorgeous picture this creates! I love the script stamping in the background and agree, the tulips look great. The quote is lovely.

Words and Pictures said...

Really gorgeous, Michelle!
Alison x

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love how it looks as though there is a ray of sunshine shining through to the tulips. Great choice of colours, too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and that quote is perfect!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Michelle, the tulips really pop and I love your background and the touches of text. Tracy x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So beautiful, just love it.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowwww, wirklich toll!

LG Carola

Juls said...

Stunning the colours are amazing!! Hugs Juls

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...