Sunday 6 November 2011

Robots, Sprockets and Gears

I really enjoyed making this card because I used products I have not used before.  Beadazzles are great, just a wonderful little product, and I will be getting more to stock in my shop. Beadazzles are the little silver balls stuck to the Glitz It! glue around the port hole. The 2 springs and the little blue robot are from American Crafts Toy Chest rub-on transfers.


The inside of the card is where I stamped the Personal Impressions Robot.  I used Tim Holtz Tissue Tape around the outside edge of the inside of the card & Kanban card on the inside of the port hole.




I drew a circle shape with a compass and another circle slightly larger on white card and cut it out. I used Craftwork Card's Card Candi around the circle and distressed the whole thing with Black Soot distress ink. I cut a circle shape of acetate to fit over the hole I cut from the main card (which is the brown Kraft 8x8 card from Papermania).

I distressed the edges of the card with Black Soot and Vintage photo distress inks, and spritzed the card with Bronze Blush Cosmic shimmer mist. You can see the Robot through the acetate, looking out!


I used Eco Green Crafts chipboard sprockets, embossed them with Silver Dollar Embossing powders, then when they were still hot, I stamped them with the Crafty Individuals Clock Face rubber stamp. I also used the same clock face stamp on the front of the card, using various distress ink colours. The copper, gold and silver sprockets and gears are from Tim Holtz Idea-ology range.


You can really see the Beadazzles on this pic, they give an extra dimension to the port hole. I did some matting and layering on the front of the card and stuck the edges down with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. The charm I picked up from a craft show in Doncaster.


The sentiment was made in Photoshop and the Silver Dollar embossed harlequin stamp is from Tim Holtz.


A lot of love went into this one.


3 comments:

MissyG said...

Great card - love the cogs and the beadazzles are gorgeous
Linda

annesyme said...

A fantastic card, love everything about it.
Anne x

Wendy said...

This is fantastic........
Wendy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...