Saturday 2 January 2016

Calendar Art Journal January 2016

I'm getting back into my Calendar Art Journal. 
I always like looking back at what I was doing and the arty pages I made. 

It really is a bit of a snapshot of how you were feeling at the time and you can see what crafty products were influencing you.

This is the Uber talented Kate Crane's idea, she has a whole Facebook Page dedicated to it. 

She has a tutorial on her blog on how to start

Why not have a go.

I'm off to see what crafty products are in the New Year's sales :)


I went with an Icey blue theme. But it's still very warm!


Warm but windy though. I drew the blowing cloud with pencils but coloured it in with my NeoColour Crayons.



I drew trees that were being blown by the wind


The snow like media is DecoArt's Crackle Paste, which looks great when sprayed with a blue shimmer mist.


I've used Indigo Blu's gilding flakes and Flitter glue to make the lovely silvery flourishes. The stamp is a Crafty Individuals (CI -182) flourish.


I also used two stencils in the background, the blue swirls (Crafters Workshop) and the black arrows (Dylusions Arrows)



Did you spot the whether symbols that they use on the tele?
I just thought I'd draw them in too, seeing as we are having unusual weather this winter.

Tara for now xx




9 comments:

Redanne said...

Your January calendar page is beautiful, I love the cool blues and the stamped days look great. Happy New Year to you and yours! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

After reading your last post, I would like to send you a nice squishy cyber hug and wish you a Happy New Year, Michelle.
I have done calendar journal pages before but had forgotten about them. Your gorgeous pages have given me inspiration to go back to them again. Love the colours you have chosen and all the extra drawings and details.

Linda said...

So beautiful, and your header is stunning! :)

Unknown said...

Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

pearshapedcrafting said...

Good to see you here with your calendar art journal! I can no longer link to Kate as I don't (and don't think I ever will)do Face Book! I love the colours you have used and what a great idea to add the icy blasts from the weather forecast! I have decided to simplify my pages …but it may not last!! Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous calendar pages - I love the wind puffing out his cheeks, the trees bending to his power, and those wonderful touches of gilding just sparkling in and out of sight. I've been a pretty poor blogger for the last year or so, but I'm really happy to hear I may have nudged you into action, and I'll try to remember to keep my eyes peeled for fungi here in future! So lovely to hear from you.
Alison x

Redanne said...

Just popped back to say thanks for your visit, I really appreciate it! Anne xx

Helen said...

Beautiful!

UplayOnline said...

Love the colours you have chosen and all the extra drawings and details.


หนังใหม่

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...