Thursday 12 February 2015

Driftwood Art Class with Kate Crane

Went to a class at Art from the Heart yesterday taught by the brilliant Kate Crane.
It was all about painting on driftwood.

I adore being at the beach, seeing as I only live about 10 minutes away from one. 
I managed to add to Kate's driftwood supplies with a couple of beach combing trips before the class :)

It was nice to catch up with Kate and my crafty friends too, I hadn't seen them for a while :)
Sam you naughty girl, always trying to half inch my makes ;)

This is what I made, I love it, I might have to make more and sell at a craft fair in my local town. 


I found lots of good samples to paint on at the beach to take to the class.


I really liked the big block, so I could paint on all 4 sides!


 

The nails were perfect for hanging little flags off. :)


I still need to put a hanger on this one.


I think I have the painty bug back again. Thank you Kate for finding my mojo xx

See ya
Michelle xxx

8 comments:

Helen said...

These are gorgeous - love the big block, what a great find!! looks like this was a superb class, and how lovely that you got to go, and have found your painty mojo again.

Kirsten said...

Wow! They're wonderful! That big block was a great find & the nails are an added bonus.

Alison said...

Love these beauties Michelle! x

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Me???? Lovely work Michelle as always! Was a great class, very relaxed and learnt lots from Kate. Xx Sam

Helen said...

With that pile of driftwood, I can see lots more colourful painting happening.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What fantastic pieces! I love drift wood art and this is no exception! Would love to see more!! Love the nails being made into flag poles! Chrisx

Ruth said...

Beautifully painted of course, and such a great idea, looked like a fabulous class. Ruth x

Doreen said...

Love these,gorgeous texture and colours.xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...