Sunday 1 June 2014

Pretty PaperArtsy Canvas and Crafty Goings On.

It's been far too long since my last blog post, so I have lots to catch up on.
Now might be a good time to grab a cuppa :)

Yesterday I was teaching at the Craft Box in Barnsley, it's in the Heritage centre at Elsecar, its lovely there and the shop is a joy to walk around, full of amazing crafty stash and fabric. I'm gonna buy me a jelly roll next time I'm down there.

I was teaching this lovely canvas using the new JOFY stamps from PaperAtsy, and the new limited edition paints and stencils.


There's lots of lovely layers of interest from the background papers, stencilling, texture paste, stamping and treasure gold


Here are some of the lovely ladies in the class, everyone finished their canvases and they were all stunning too :)





I had a fabulous time and I can't wait to go back and taste Vicky's gorgeous cakes, and see Julie's mad as a hatter personality again :) xx
Thank you ladies it was a lovely day.

***********************

The She Art Class went super well at Art from the Heart in mid-May. And Sandra came up from Hull to join in too. Me and Sandra started this crafty journey together way back in March 2012 when we first visited Art from the Heart and had a life changing experience. So much has happened since then, and boy have we changed our crafty tastes. No more peel-offs!

        

 I love a messy studio!


Here is everyone's canvases, don't they look amazing?!
I love she art canvases, they just make me feel happy :)





*********************

Look what Ellen Vargo has sent me!!! Can't wait to use them on my canvas backgrounds, they are going to be well used thats for sure. They'll be perfect for making texture layers. You can get them from PaperAtsy here. :)


**********************

On another note I'm busy not only working full time as a geologist but also trying to make lots of paintings for a new Mexican restaurant opening in Stockton on the 7th July. 
So far I've only been able to get this far with a Mexican tree of life! It stands 3 foot high and 2 feet wide.
I've painted the flowers in gesso first before I'm painting the colour on, so the colour stands out better.
I've been mostly using Dina Wakley's new paints on this too. They are wonderful and bright!
Hopefully I'll finish it this week. I want to do an ornate day of the dead Mexican skull next. Maybe a Frida Kahlo one.


Here's one I made earlier for the restaurant a while back.
Its based on Huichol Yarn Folk Paintings They are so colourful, I love them.


Well no rest for the wicked. I'm off to Welsh Wales tomorrow to Llandudno for a little jolly with Helen..
Hope the weather stays sunny for us :)

Have a great week
Michelle xxxxx

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Fun bright amazing and brilliant
X

Jackie said...

Oh my, you have been busy. What a lot of happy people and colourful cnavasses :o)
Jackie xx

Helen said...

Fantastic things going on in those classes!! the work for the Mexican restaurant sounds exciting and looks fab so far, too!

Helen said...

WOW!!! You have been busily having fun, haven't you. Love the stamps from Paper Artsy, I think I'll have to order some as they aren't available in Australia.

Unknown said...

Tree is amazing! Day of the Dead=Skulls=my fav thing!!
Give me a bell for a night out at the Mexican as your not too far away!! xx

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Stunning projects.

Chris Steer said...

A fabulous workshop Michelle - can't wait for the next?? Love my canvas x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...